Did you know that decluttering your surroundings can have a positive impact on your mental health and wellbeing?
According to the Plastic Box Shop, mess and clutter can have the following effects on our mental health and happiness:
- It increases our cortisol levels which can lead to stress, anxiety and long-term mental health problems
- It triggers subconscious coping and avoidance strategies which make us crave unhealthy comfort food
- It can be a visual distraction that can overload or drain our cognitive resources, affecting our memories
- It can affect how our bodies fight illness, so we’re more likely to get viruses, diabetes and heart disease
- It affects sleep quality and ability to fall sleep, which can decrease our focus, energy levels, and mood.
The Plastic Box Shop has created the following easy-to-use 6-week decluttering plan to help declutter and organise your home.