The UK is home to six of the world’s best skinny dipping spots, according to dating reviews website MyDatingAdviser.com, which has ranked the top skinny dipping locations around the globe
Naturally, some locations might be better than others for your next nude swimming adventure.
To determine the best skinny dipping locations, MyDatingAdviser compared 100 nude beaches across the globe to determine the best locations to enjoy a skinny dip. They then ranked the top skinny dipping locations in the UK.
Beach quality, safety, weather, and lodging were all taken into account.
Locations were measured across 7 key metrics of skinny dipping friendliness: (1) pollution (2) Blue Flag status, (3) weather (4) air temperature, (5) water temperature, (6) safety, and (7) hotel cost – with The Fairy Pools on the Isle of Skye in Scotland ranking in the top six.
Using the data points, each location has been given a ‘Skinny DIpping Index Score’. This represents the quality of the skinny dipping experience that you could have at the location.
According to the results, the top 6 skinny dipping spots in the UK are:
- Lady Falls, Neath
Index Score: 51.5
- Fishing Cove, N. Cornwall
Index Score: 45.75
- Linhope Spout Waterfall, Alnwick
Index Score: 44
- Blackmoss Pot, Keswick
Index Score: 42.25
- Brighton Beach, East Sussex
Index Score: 37.25
- Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye
Index Score: 37
MyDatingAdviser also worked with illustrator Melanie Chadwick to create a fun, skinny dipping map of the world…
Top skinny dipping tips
- Be respectful and have discretion. Try not to traumatise any small kids. We agree the human body is a beautiful thing but give people the opportunity not to look at you if they don’t want to.
- Don’t forget sunscreen and bug spray. You don’t want to get a sunburn in that spot that usually doesn’t see the light of day.
- Don’t skinny dip drunk. A little liquid courage could help you get naked. But if you are completely drunk, it isn’t safe to swim and could land you in a dangerous situation.
- Beware of leeches. With a bathing suit, they are one thing, and when you are stark naked it’s another.
- Make sure your friends are comfortable. If everyone is happy to strip down, then go for it.
- Keep your eyes on people’s faces. Interact as you normally would and keep physical contact to a minimum.
- No photos. If only celebrities and politicians could learn this too.
- It’s not a big deal. Get over yourself and have fun. Remember that not even swimsuit models look like that in real life. So, relax and enjoy being naked.
Amy Pritchett, Managing Editor at MyDatingAdviser, said: “This is my declaration to the world to have fun and skinny dip!
“The past year has been difficult and we have all experienced lockdown, grief, and disruption to our normal lives.
“There is nothing more liberating and joyful than a skinny dip. If you have the opportunity to visit a beautiful skinny dipping spot, then it’s worth stripping down, enjoying nature, and having a splash!
“Remember it’s not a big deal, and if the water is cold, even better!”